1 ½ shot of Irish Whiskey
1 Shot of chilled freshly brewed expresso
1 Shot Wild-Arbor Clear Cream Liqueur
½ shot Cinnamon Syrup
3 Dashes of Angostura Bitters
Ground Cinnamon (Garnish)
1. Mix the whiskey, coffee, Wild-Arbor, cinnamon syrup, and bitters in a cocktail shaker.
2. Fill the shaker with ice. Shake until outside of shaker is cold frosty, usually about 30 seconds, or until too cold to hold!
3. Strain into an Irish coffee glass, or glass mug and top up with whipped cream.
4. Gently sprinkle the ground cinnamon over the cream topping.
How to make Cinnamon Simple Syrup
Cinnamon simple syrup is super easy to make at home and it is a quick and reliable way to add subtle, warming spicy note to many cocktails. It can also add a little extra warming comfort to an early morning coffee or late-night treat.
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup sugar (white or demerara sugar)
1 cup water
1. Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
2. Add sugar and stir until it has dissolved completely.
3. Reduce the heat, add the cinnamon sticks and cover the pan.
4. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.